- There is no direct train route from Jammu to Srinagar. However, one way of travelling is to come from Jammu to Banihal by cab / Bus and then from Banihal to Sringar by Train. Banihal station is about 120 Kms from Srinagar. We would still suggest the participants to travel by cab / bus directly from Jammu to Srinagar in order to avoid the confusion as train has different timings.
- All the participants who will be travelling by road are advised to get down at TRC station Srinagar from their respective vehicles as LOC has made the pickup arrangements for taking participants to various hotels.
- All the participants are requested to kindly send us individual travel and accommodation details to the LOC latest by tomorrow evening so as to provide the pickup & drop facility to every individual participant. This is also required to avoid the kind of confusion that has erupted in some case of accommodations because of multiple group bookings. This transport facility is only for the already mentioned hotels on the ASI site. However, if someone has booked accommodation at his/ her own choice, they shall look for the possibility of utilizing the transport facility from the nearest hotel where the participants will be staying.
- All the participants are advised to carry a light weight jacket / sweater as the mornings / evenings are little bit cold.
- The LOC has planned to have a sort of help desk within the premises of airport near the arrival point. Therefore participants for their own convenience are advised to contact the help desk just once they will collect their baggage.
- Pick up arrangements will be available only from 7th May 2016
Emergency Contact Numbers:
Manzoor Malik - LOC Chair ASI: 09596256448
Naseer Iqbal - LOC Co-Chair ASI: 09419079191
Accommodation: Naseer Iqbal (09419079191) Bari Maqbool (08713918191)
Transport : Zahir Ahmad Shah (9596589966)/ Bari maqbool (08713918191) / Naveel Ahmad (09796502449)
Medical Facility : Bari Maqbool / Mubashir Hamid (9419081217)