Some guidelines on how the Oral Sessions will be conducted.
1. All the Oral presenters and the Chairpersons are requested to join the session in which they will participate, 10 minutes before it commences.
2.All the speakers should be available throughout the session. This will help the SOC to change the sequence of speakers / presentations in case of any network problem.
3. Here are the guidelines for sharing your presentation with the VOC. Please do read them carefully. Sending in your presentations is optional. We plan to use them only if bandwidth issues make it hard for the speaker to present remotely. Our expectation is that the speakers will be able to present live presentations. If you want to share your presentation ahead of time, please follow the following guidelines.
3(a)- Please share your presentation files in PDF format (with embedded fonts) only. This is to reduce cross platform compatibility issues to the extent possible.
3(b)- Our preference is for you to upload your presentation to a platform of your choice (Google drive, Dropbox etc.) and share the link with us. Make sure to give us the access to be able to download the file.
3(c)-Please share this link via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3(d)-Please follow this example for the subject of the mail - "ASI2021 presentation; Date 20Feb; Session "Instrumentation and Techniques I"; Speaker "V Girish"
3(e)-Please do make sure to send in your presentation at least two (2) days before the date of your presentation.
4. Those speakers who prefer to send their pre-recorded talks, they can upload their presentation on Youtube and provide the link of the same to VOC who will play the video during the appropriate session. However, it is expected that all the speakers are available during the session and for the Q&A session.
5. The speakers are requested to be available on their registered mobile number during their session and a bit before then, in case the VOC needs to contact them. Changes in the status, if any, should be notified to the VOC/SOC by February 16.
6. Many recent online meetings have successfully used Slack to facilitate interaction between the attendees and presenters. We will be trying to do the same for the oral presentations at ASI 2021. You will receive an email invitation (on the email id with which you have registered in the ASI Meeting) from ‘ASI_2021’ group in Slack for joining this group. Please join the group with your full name as used for the registration for the ASI Meeting. We plan to set up Slack channels for the plenary and other parallel science sessions. We encourage the participants to address their questions, queries and curiosities for the speakers on this channel, and the presenters to answer the queries addressed to them. You might find it useful to set up email notification within the Slack channel, so that you get notified if someone posts a question or comment addressed to you. Please note these posts will remain available beyond the time limits of the conference. All participants are encouraged to interact with each other over these posts even after the conference is over. In case you are not registered for Slack, please send us an email.