The 42nd meeting of the Astronomical Society of India (ASI) is scheduled to be held between 31 Jan to 04 Feb 2024, and will be hosted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium (JNP) at Bangalore. More information is available at the meeting website. The meeting will be fully in-person.
As has been the case for the last several ASI meetings, it is proposed to hold a few one-day workshops on 31 Jan 2024, the day before the start of the main ASI meeting. The SOC invites proposals for conducting workshops in the form of a 1-2 page abstract about the theme, the rationale for the workshop and the expected number of participants.
The organizers should note that:
1. All workshop participants have to register through the portal for the main ASI meeting.
2. All the expenditure related to the workshops will be borne by the workshop organizers. The expenditure will be based on the number of participants as per the following slabs.
- The term 'participants' includes Organisers and Resource Persons in addition to the Attendees.
- For less than 50 participants, the amount payable is Rs. 50,000.
- Between 50 to 125 participants, the amount payable is Rs. 1 Lakh.
- More than 125 participants the amount payable is Rs. 1.5 Lakh.
- The maximum number of participants that can be accommodated is 200.
3. Organizers need to note that prior payment for the workshop expenditure will need to be made at least 15 days in advance of the meeting.
Proposals should be sent to email@example.com and should reach by 15th Sept 2023.