How to Reach IISER
Tirupati is well-connected with the rest of India by road and rail. Apart from this, there are a fair number of flights operating between the international airports at Tirupati and Hyderabad.
How to reach Tirupati
The Tirupati international airport is at Renigunta which is about 16 km away (around 30 minutes by road) from the city center. The hosting institutes, IISER Tirupati is about 10-12 km away from the airport.
- Through the International Airport at Hyderabad: There are about ten daily 45-minutes flights each way between Hyderabad and Tirupati.
- Through the International Airport at Chennai: Tirupati is very well connected to Chennai by road and rail; it will take about 3 hours by road, or by train.
- Through the International Airport at Bengaluru (Bangalore): Tirupati is very well connected to Bengaluru by road as well as rail; it will take about 6 hours by road, or by train.
- Tirupati has two major railway stations. One of them (Tirupati railway station) is located in the city center, which is less than 10 km from both the hosting institutes. The other station is located at Renigunta (about 10 km away from the city center and the IISER Tirupati) and is better-connected with the rest of the country by rail.
- Tirupati has direct buses from Chennai, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad among several other major cities. Paid taxis and private bus operators also ply buses from nearby cities such as Chennai, Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, and Bengaluru to Tirupati.
Location Map - https://goo.gl/maps/qqfVbsGh3B284L36A