Session Moderator : Preeti Kharb, NCRA-TIFR, Pune
Like last year, a special session on "Women and Gender related issues in Indian astronomy" was again proposed as part of the 2015 annual meeting of the Astronomical Society of India, held at NCRA-TIFR, Pune. The session was approved by the scientific organising committee of ASI-2015 and took place on 19th February. The main focus of this year's session was a panel discussion on improving the workplace for gender equity. Major work towards forming the gender equity working group under ASI also started from this session.
Panel Discussion : Improving the workplace for gender equity
- Nissim Kanekar, NCRA-TIFR, Pune
- Dibyendu Nandi, IISER, Kolkata
- Prajval Shastri, IIAp, Bangalore
- Prasad Subramaniam, IISER, Pune
- Firoza K. Sutaria, IIAp, Bangalore