ASI Zubin Kembhavi Award
The Astronomical Society of India (ASI) has instituted the Zubin Kembhavi award funded by Ajit and Asha Kembhavi. The object is to promote (1) Observational and Instrumentation work in Astronomy and allied fields (2) Public Outreach and Education in Astronomy and allied fields.
The award carries a cash prize of Rs 1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh) awarded annually for notable and important contributions to the areas it addresses. The prize can be awarded to individuals or groups on the basis of work done primarily in India. There will be no age limit. In alternate years the award will be directed to work done in areas (1) and (2) mentioned above. The recipient of the award, or a representative when the award is made to a group, will be invited to deliver a special lecture at the annual meeting of the Society.
The nominations for this award may be made by senior scientists, academics, directors of institutes or observatories and vice-chancellors of universities. The nomination may be made in the following format:
1. Name of the individual or group
3. Address, email id and cell phone number of the nominee or representative of the group
4. Academic qualifications of individual nominee or nature of the group
6. Major work on which the nomination is based
7. List of publications and/or reports
8. A few Important reprints and /or reports relevant to the recommendation
9. Citations of relevance
10. Any other information pertaining to the suitability of the nominee or group for the award
11. Name and designation of the proposer along with the address for correspondence, email id and phone number
12. Covering letter with signature of the proposer with date
The nomination is to be sent as a single pdf document to the Secretary, ASI at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations once made will remain valid for two cycles of the award.
The first award will be made at the annual meeting of the ASI to be held at Bangalore in February 2019. The first award will be made in the area of Public Outreach and Education in Astronomy and allied fields.
Please find the details of the awardees.
|Sl. No.||Name of the Awardee||Year|
|2||Dr. Niruj Mohan Ramanujam||2018|