Laxminarayana & Nagalaxmi Modali Award
The Astronomical Society of India has instituted an award as Laxminarayana & Nagalaxmi Modali Award, with the objectives to promote knowledge of Astronomy and Astrophysics and honor the contributions made by young scientists, normally not beyond 45 years of age, any citizen of India engaged, in the field of astronomy and astrophysics.
This award carries a cash prize of of Rs 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only), awarded annually for notable and outstanding research, applied for any branch of Astronomy and Astrophysics. The Prize is awarded on the basis of experimental/scientific research contributions made through work done primarily in India during the 10 years preceding the year of the Prize. The recipient of the award shall be required to deliver special lecture at the annual meeting of the Society. Young astronomers with exceptional achievements and promise are eligible for the award. The nominations for this award may be made by senior scientists, directors or heads of institutes or observatories engaged in research in astronomy, astrophysics, planetary sciences and allied fields.
The nomination is to be sent as a single pdf document to the Secretary, ASI at email@example.com.
3. Address for correspondence
4. Date of birth
5. Academic qualifications
6. Major scientific achievements on which the nomination is based
7. List of publications
8. Reprints relevant to the recommendation
9. Citations of relevance
10. Any other information pertaining to the scientific excellence of the nominee
11. Name and designation of the proposer along with the address for correspondence
12. Signature of the proposer with date